Saturday, December 3, 2011

DIY Window Decorations: Fall

I'm behind on posting but better late than never, right!? We have a huge picture window in our livingroom. In the past we've used it to display some of the kids art work but I wanted to do something bigger. So, we made a mural! The inspiration came from the Tissue Paper Stained Glass project that Dilly-Dali Art did.

It started with just the kids putting scraps of tissue paper on the bottom of the window. Then I made the tree trunk and the top of the tree and the kids finished it with the falling leaves.
null

It was beautiful from the inside during the day.
null

And just as pretty from the outside at night.
null

We took it down when the Christmas decorations went up and I'm already brain storming on the winter mural we'll do when the Christmas decorations come down.



Stay up to date by following me on twitter @MamaDaniBlog or "liking" my Facebook page. New followers: Welcome! Please leave a comment to let me know how you found my blog so that I can follow you back!
© Mama Dani's Musings

1 comment:

  1. A family member recommended me to your site. Thank you for the resources.
    Here is my web page Skip Bins Adelaide

    ReplyDelete