Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Waffles 3-13

We had a routine of Sundays being our family breakfast. We've gotten out of that routine. In the meantime I've been reading Aleacia's Pancake Sunday. I've decided that it's about time that we get back into family breakfast on Sunday! I like pancakes but I can not get the hang of making them. Plus, I couldn't completely take Aleacia's idea. I love waffles and found a waffle maker on freecycle. I got it awhile back and it's sat, unused. So today, I got it out and tried my hand at making waffles! It's not nearly as difficult as you'd think and fresh waffles are much better than frozen waffles!

I started with a basic recipe.

You'll need:
  • All purpose flour
  • Whole wheat flour
  • Baking soda
  • Baking powder
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Eggs
  • Butter
  • Buttermilk
  • Vegetable spray


Dry ingredients:
Photobucket

Wet ingredients:
Photobucket

Fold together:
Photobucket

Now it's time to cook!! I got my waffle maker from freecycle so I didn't have a manual.
I had to do trial and error.

Too little batter:
Photobucket

Too much!
Photobucket

I did end up getting the hang of it. Ripe bananas make a yummy topping!
Photobucket

It's important to note, you must have good syrup! Like pure maple syrup from St Johnsbury, VT!

Eek!! We need more!!
Photobucket

Time to eat!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I have that syrup too! Save that bottle for me please!!! I love that you can make waffles and not pancakes because I can make pancakes and not waffles! LMAO!!
    They look yummmmmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best syrup, we use it too!!...I prefer waffles over pancakes.

    ReplyDelete