These aren't really muffins like you think of when you think muffins; there's no flour. What there is, is egg, sausage, cheese and spinach. These would make the perfect make-ahead breakfast when you need something on the go. Though I admit that I haven't tried to reheat them; they were such a huge hit with the kids (mine and daycare) that there were none left!
Here's the recipe for 12 muffins:
- 8 eggs
- Fresh chopped spinach
- Cooked sausage - crumbled (I bought the already cooked sausage crumbles)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp veg oil
- Shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- In a skillet cook the spinach
- Spray muffin tin and cover the bottom of each cup with sausage.
- Spoon in the cooked spinach on top of the sausage.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, oil and salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Other places to find me:
Facebook: Mama Dani's Musings, Twitter @MamaDaniBlog, Instagram: MamaDani, Pinterest: MamaDani
© Mama Dani's Musings