Tuesday, July 6, 2010

He makes me proud

This past weekend we went on a trip to Maryland. For those of you that don't know Sean too well, he's a shy boy. At home and around people he knows, he's silly, out going and very talkative but around new people or people he doesn't know well, he's clingy and quiet. This trip was going to be full of new people and people he hadn't seen since he was a little baby. I expected the shy clingy boy. That was far from what happened! We first stopped at a friend's house. It was the first time I even met them. In less than 5 minutes he was his normal class clown self! It was amazing. Once we made it to my aunt's house, it was the same thing. He warmed up to everyone so well. He had a blast playing with his older cousins!

He may only be 2 1/2 but I fully expect please and thank yous from him. He normal remembers when asking for something but what he did when we were about to leave our first stop surprised me but also made me very proud. We were walking to the car and he stopped, turned to my friend and said "thank you dinner". I about melted! I guess I'm doing something right!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are, Danielle. Keep up the good work. Too many kids today aren't taught manner,s and our society is clearly showing that!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete