Sunday, January 10, 2010

1 month

That's how long it's been since the last time Sean nursed. It's very hard to believe. Sean was very attached to nursing...or "cheese" as he called it. I'm very happy with the way weaning happen. I like to call it mama nudged weaning. lol He was ready and I was ready. He just had a hard time realizing that. In the end he never nursed for a long time. It was as if he was just checking if it was still there so I started asking him to wait a little bit. Most of the time he'd forget about it and I wouldn't remind him. Before we knew it, he was only nursing when he woke up in the morning. During this time I began to see how weaning isn't just denying him nursing but more me learning a new way to be a mother. It was an amazing adventure. Four days after the last time he nursed we were standing in line to see Santa. I was holding him and he slid down a little like to get into position to nurse, said "cheese?" and then laughed and straightened himself. It was as if to tell me, "I know it's still there, but I don't need it anymore". Sean's grown up to be such an independent little boy...most of the time. ;) I truly cherished the time we had as a nursing mom and child and I'm looking forward to what's in store for us.

Now, for a look back...

First time nursing- he was still in the hospital after his surgery. He was such a nursing champ!
Photobucket

2 months
Photobucket

6 months
Photobucket

7 months
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 year
Photobucket

Photobucket

17 months with brand new baby sister
Photobucket

2 years!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment