Monday, January 15, 2018

Suburban Homesteading: New Feathered Friends


It's been quite awhile since I've posted an update on our little suburban homestead. Since then we've lost a few feathered friends and gained some. I'm going to focus on the positive here today. We have a new hen. We hatched her back in June. Her name is Hei Hei. 

 Hei Hei, Zoe, Amelia, Tiny....and of course Sean:

I'm excited to also announce that we have added ducks to our flock! We have been talking about adding ducks but waiting till maybe this spring. Then I found a local that was looking to rehome her ducks before moving. She had 4 Muscovy ducks. Perfect! That was the breed of ducks that I wanted to get. They are known to be a quiet breed. It was like it was meant to be. Three are hens and one is a drake....but regardless of gender we couldn't resist on naming them Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Scrooge. Scrooge is our drake.

When I brought them home I set up the dog house that we have in the run as a place where the ducks could go. I wasn't sure if they would go into the chicken coop since it's off the ground and no longer has a ramp. Then we got a blizzard last week and I found the ducks in the coup.




Pin It
Please comment below! I'd love to hear from you! 

© Mama Dani's Musings

Other places to find me:
Twitter: Made By Mama Dani
Instagram: MamaDani
Facebook: Made By Mama Dani
My Etsy Shop: Made By Mama Dani
Pinterest
Feedburner Or subscribe by email (on sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment